- Applicants should be minimum Yr5+ (primary) or Yr7+ (secondary)
- Grade 2 standard or higher – no need for the exam to be taken, equivalent standard via teacher or school recommendation is acceptable
- The ability to sight-read is desirable but not essential. However, members are encouraged to continue developing this important and valuable skill.
- Applicants will be invited to an informal assessment as part of
- Applicants must either live in the borough of Hackney or attend a Hackney school/college/academy.
- HJJE may also accept ‘associate members’ from neighbouring borough’s music education hubs. In this instance, with the exception of ‘5’ above, all other membership criteria apply. In addition, ‘associate members’ are subject to a higher fee than those meeting criteria ‘5’.
Exceptions to entry criteria:
In exceptional circumstances, HJJE may accept guest students without Grade 2 or equivalent, where there are gaps in instrumental forces
When: Wednesdays 4:30 – 6pm
Where: Please note that all ensembles are currently taking place online, via Zoom.
Session leaders: Gerry Hunt and Jonny Enser
Cost – £35 for those going to school in Hackney. If you live in Hackney but don’t go to school in Hackney it is £45. If neither living nor going to school in Hackney it is £65. Fees paid at the start of each term.
Discounts are available for Pupil Premium families – please enquire.
How to apply: Applications accepted throughout the year, HJJE-Application-Form-2019.
For further information please contact Oliver Crooke (HJJE Manager) at Hackney Music Service: Email – email@example.com