HMS hold termly network meetings with secondary music meetings where all Heads of Music and Music Teachers are invited to attend. These are fantastic opportunities for music teachers to meet and discuss key issues and are well attended. Topics covered in these sessions might include:
- The National Curriculum for Music
- OFSTED requirements for Music
- KS2/3 Transition
- GCSE & A Level specifications / issues
- Coursework Moderation
- Progression Routes for the most able pupils
- SEND Issues
- Performance Planning
- Resource Sharing
- Best Practice Sharing
- Projects and Opportunities
Invitations to attend these meetings are sent out to all Heads of Music and Music Teachers. If the HoD cannot attend we strongly encourage them to nominate an alternative member of staff to attend instead.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.