Hackney Creative Jazz Ensemble
Director: David Blackmore
The Hackney Creative Jazz Ensemble is open to young musicians from Yr5 upwards who are playing at a Grade 3 minimum standard. Players learn to develop their aural/oral and improvisation skills across a range of creative genres of music, supported by a team of fantastic specialist tutors. All instruments are welcome!
- Hackney Creative Jazz Ensemble is open to players in Year 5 and above
- Applicants must be of Grade 3 standard or higher. Applicants need not necessarily have taken a Grade 3 exam but should be able to play at level expected for Grade 3 players
- Players do not need to be able to read music
- Exceptions to the minimum age / standard rule are occasionally made if we have a shortage of a particular instrument due to other exceptional circumstances
- HCJE applicants are invited to attend a friendly trial session before being offered a place in the band
- Applicants must either live in the borough of Hackney or attend a Hackney school
- HCJE may also accept ‘associate members’ from neighbouring boroughs in certain circumstances, please get in touch for more information
When: Tuesdays 6 – 7.30pm
Where: Bridge Academy, Laburnum Street, London, E2 8BA
In addition to director David Blackmore, HCJE is also supported by Spencer Martin and team of other guest tutors
Membership: Membership to HCJE costs £35 for young people attending a Hackney school, £45 for those living in Hackney but going to an out of borough school. Costs for Pupil Premium families are £15 per term.
To apply to join Hackney Creative Jazz Ensemble, please complete this application form
For further information, please email email@example.com