Barbican Box Music 2019
Barbican Box Music – Jan – April 2019
Barbican Box Music is the perfect tool to inspire musical collaboration in class and this year we will work with Native Instruments a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer based music making and DJing. With CPD training and in-school workshops, Barbican Box Music facilitates secondary school students and their teachers to create their own music, culminating with students arriving at the Barbican to present their original work in our Concert Hall.
Artists now use a variety of everyday objects and technology, plus traditional instruments, to create their music and this year the box will act to inspire teachers and students to push the boundaries of what is possible in the music classroom.
The programme runs from Jan – April 2019 and is designed for music teachers in secondary schools who wish to develop their own skills in composition, music production and that of their students. The programme will provide:
- The Barbican Box itself and all the contents in it (note some objects may be on loan)
- An accompanying teacher pack, plus support throughout the project to deal with queries quickly
- Four teacher training sessions led by Native Instruments
- Three artist mentor visits to the school to support the creative process, the teacher and students
- Tickets to a Barbican show for participating students and chaperones, plus a Q&A with the artists
- A showcase for the participating students in the Barbican Concert Hall, open to the public
For more information and to complete to an application form, click here